Tuesday, July 20, 2010

things that i like.

1. books
I love books. I love them hardcover, and i also love them in paperbacks. I love their smell, new or old. I love them plain, so i could tell stories to them through pictures and words, secrets that are poured from my heart and soul, imprint them, immortalize them into the books like tattoos on skin.
I also love them to be storytellers, bring me to the places that i have never been and never will be. They are my teachers, they are my friends. They are not like mortal teachers, who are loud and repeating, they only repeat when and where u want them to repeat. They are friends that could company me, and i could find them comforting and friendly even if i didnt see them for a very long time.
The very first book I've ever picked up was a encyclopedia. i was 3 years old. it made me want to learn how to read so i could understand that book. i have 5 sets of encyclopedia. =) I collect notebooks, plain or with lines. i love the smell of notebooks, for they have different smells compare to storybooks, because of the inking. one of my dream jobs is to be a illustrator, so that my drawings could help bring out or emphasize the message in the book.

2. art
I love arts. all forms of art, performance art, and pieces of art. i used to bore my friends and family because of art. i would want to sit in art galleries and spend hours just to stare at pictures. i love the smell of oil paints and other paints. i love the textures, i love the colours and i love to interpret the pictures. i wish to travel around europe, just to visit their galleries and museums.

3. history
I love old stuffs, wont exactly want to be there, but to discover what happened last time that made of today. i like to study mythology, and social anthropology. if i am not born in Malaysia, i would cont my studies on these subjects, but because of the narrow school systems, i would have pursue in these fields.

i'm weird, arent i?
as though i should be born before the 19th century.

2 comments:

Adam Jong said...

So a few hours with you in Mid Valley can let me know so many things about you.

Mabel Kuan said...

thats prob why maybe guys get bored of me fast. lol