Tuesday, September 2, 2008

so true.

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER
by Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin''
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain..
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow



" Our biological physical life is from your parents; but it does not mean your life would be the same if you do nothing about it. you can lose your life that had be given to you by treating it indifferently, or you could leave your life by commiting suicide. You have to feed it and nurture it, but always remember that you are not making it but only to keep a life that you've got from someone else [parents, ever heard of Reproduction?] In the same context, Christian could also lose the Christ-life which has been put into him, and he is responsible to keep it. Even though the 'best' Christian that ever lived in this world is not acting by his own strength-he is only nourishing or protecting a life that he could never accquired with his own effort...if u cut a live body , and up to a certain degree,it would heal itself. a live body still gets hurt if you cut it, but in an extent, it can repair itself. In the same context again, Christian is not a man who never goes wrong, it is never perfect, but a man who is enable to repent and pick himself up and continue over and over again after each fall; because the Christ-life is INSIDE of him all the time, enabling him to repeat( in some degree) the kind of voluntary death which Christ Himself carried out. .."

(LEWIS, C.S, What Christians Believe,Harper Collins, 2005)

this is for Mike Guglielmucci.

No comments: